Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Ten things I'm looking forward to in October

1. Montgomery Girls Night Out while all the husbands are at Priesthood Session: good food+good company+good stories+good laughs=great times

2. General Conference: for all the obvious reasons, but also because I don't have to worry if all my teachers will be in primary this Sunday!

3. Park City with the Jamison Clan: What a perfect time to go-I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the mountains in the fall!!

4.
Answering the final question on the PCAT: I don't think this one needs any further explanation.

5. Pre-Halloween festivities with the Colemans: Thank goodness for Halloween and New Year's Eve, or we probably wouldn't see them at all. Note to self: call the Colemans more often.

6. Apple Cider and Glazed Donuts: Why is this an October staple?

7. The Primary Sacrament Program: Our kids have been working so hard! As scattered as it seems at every practice, it is ALWAYS perfect come Sunday morning.

8. Into the Woods: I'm sure no performance of the tree will ever hold a candle to mine, but I'll go in with an open mind.

9. Completing my Visiting Teaching: I had to write that so I'd be motivated to go. I feel guilty for not doing it at all in September, or July, or June, or May...well, you get the idea.

10. All things autumn: Fall is my favorite time of the year, followed closely by spring, when my tulips are creeping up from the ground. I love crisp mornings, I love warm sunny days, I love cool evenings, I love that our faves are starting back up on TV, I love making hearty meals like soup and chili, I love having a nightcap of hot chocolate with Evan, I love the holidays getting closer, I love almost every aspect of fall-why must Daylight Savings end? At least that has been pushed back to November.



P.S. I can't believe I almost forgot Halloween! Who doesn't love a good dress-up day?



6 comments:

Michelle said...

I love that I get to be on the list twice!I cannot wait to spend time with you!!

Meemer said...

i'm gonna have to agree with you on the whole into the woods thing. nobody beats you singing from a tree.

MelanieBrenchley said...

The only fave you left out is...corn treats of course! Since they seem to account for 70% of my Fall diet, I think it might warrant including them!

Heart you.
Mel

Katie said...

Into the Woods at the HCT??? FUN!! I'm jealous. And - if you ask me - I know just who could have done better than you at the singing tree part. (more jealously shining through - woopsie!) I too love that our faves are back up and running! I was debating canceling my trip to China just so I wouldn't miss anything. But, maybe China will be ok. :-) Liked the post. So much that I'm commenting at 1:18 in the am. Love yas.

-Evan said...

Mmmmm, hot chocolate nightcap.....

Robin said...

How in the world could I forget corn treats? (That's candy corn to all you non-Montgomerys.) They've only made me sick a million times because I feast on them constantly all October long.