Sunday, September 14, 2008

What's up with our blog name?

For those of you that don't know our story, please allow me to tell it to you. Evan has been an avid bowler since he was in high school, and is quite good. I, on the other hand, am terrible, terrible, terrible. We went bowling on our first date and he got nine strikes in a row and I got eight gutterballs in a row. Something about me must have been impressive, though, because he asked me out again, and again, and again. Bowling was a great activity for us. We went with his friends, with my friends, with my nieces and nephews, or just by ourselves. (I've never improved, by the way.) So, it was quite fitting that on one of these such evenings as we were bowling, the words, "Robin, will you marry me?" flashed across our scoreboard. I am not one to draw attention to myself, so I'll admit that my first thought was to look down the whole alley to see if those words were flashing on every screen. Luckily, Evan knows me quite well, and he had the manager program it on just our screen. Our happy moment was shared with a father and son who were at the lane next to us, but I was ok with just that much attention.

Now, many of you may think that you don't know what a pink puff heart is, but I'm guessing you do. It's this:

Look familiar? It's a chocolate-covered-strawberry-flavored-marshmallow-cream heart. See now why I like to call them pink puff hearts? It's just easier. Russell Stover makes a variety of marshmallow products for every holiday, but I only like the strawberry-flavored, which means I only treat myself at Valentine's Day. For whatever reason, the Valentine's Day season that we were engaged I couldn't find a pink puff heart anywhere. I checked Albertson's, I checked Macey's, I checked Smith's, I checked Wal-Mart...there were NONE to be found! So Evan ordered a case of 36 direct from russellstover.com and being the darling that he is, he attached a note to each one with a different reason why he loved me, and "heart attacked" my car on Valentine's Day morning.

So to sum things up, any time bowling comes up in conversation I will always think of dating and becoming engaged to Evan, and every year when Valentine's Day rolls around, I will always think of being "heart attacked". It's a sure-fire recipe for love.

5 comments:

Brooke said...

Hey! When were you gonna tell me you started a blog?! That's ok, I'm a good enough stalker that I found you anyways. So exciting! Love you lots!

Janelle said...

Hey, I am glad you started a blog! Hope you don't mind if I read it!

Meemer said...

that is a great name. i love the story. mine is so very VERY boring. ah well.

thelivesofthebradyfamily said...

Great story! I love that you shared that. You two need to come down to St. George sometime!

Michelle Montgomery said...

I would just like to say that Mark "heart attacked" my car on our first valentines day and it was covered with pink puff hearts. At the time I thought it was extremely cute and original....now I see it was just a spoof off of Evans creativity!