Thursday, December 31, 2009

WOW!!!

I did it. I really, really did it. It has been 365 days since I last ate candy, and tomorrow the first thing I treat myself to will be this:
It's the coconut member of the Ferrero Rocher trio, and in my opinion it is by far the best. I know everyone goes ga-ga over this traditional hazelnut version:
but to me, the coconut is where it's at.

My sister loved teasing me about my "letter of the law" adherence, and how I bypassed the spirit of the law. I didn't limit out all sweets, just candy specifically. So, I had no problems eating a chocolate chip cookie. But take the chip in that cookie, enlarge it, and wrap it in tinfoil so it looks like this:
and suddenly it's off limits. Part of my point was that I hardly ever make cookies, cakes, etc. but I buy candy all the time, so this was a test to see how strong my willpower is. I've got to say, I'm pretty impressed with myself. I have another test in mind for 2010, but I'm not going to share what it is until I've given it a try, plus I'm not done working out all the specifics. Looking at it from the starting line (ie, tomorrow!) I personally think that it's harder than this year's goal has been. We'll see.

On to more interesting things...who's decided whether or not you're going to say "Twenty Ten" or "Two Thousand Ten"? I'm completely undecided. I have to make up my mind soon because as of tomorrow I'll be forced to say one or the other. These are the kinds of dilemmas plaguing my mind. Pretty rough life, huh?

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!!

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Holy Cow, Bobbi-Sue!!! CONGRATULATIONS on the no candy. You rock!! Can't wait to hear about the new resolution.

Janelle said...

You are funny. I will say two thousand ten. I don't have a reason except that ten comes after nine and I've been saying two thousand nine.

Good job on the no candy. I should do that.

Katie said...

You are the coolest ever. That is seriously an accomplishment. I am so impressed by you. Yeah, I'm excited to hear about the new resolution too.

Tiffany said...

Robbie, Robbie, Robbie,
Wow 365 days without candy. That is almost as cool as "camping Robbin". Congrats to you! Noe that you can eat candy again we should hang out sometime.

MelanieBrenchley said...

I seriously can't believe it. That is quite a feat. But are you serious you are breaking it with that candy? They are soooo nasty. And probably the only other candy in the world I would say that about is, you guessed it, the equally-nasty butterfinger! I would have thought a pink puff heart was it. The Valentine's candy is out, after all ;)

Meemer said...

what a great accomplishment robin! i can't wait to hear what is next!