Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Oh, Bear Lake

I really took it for granted that my family often vacationed at one of the most beautiful places on earth when I was growing up. It's been years since I've been that far north, and since Evan and I wanted to see if Mesa could behave herself camping, we set out. Luckily it corresponded with one of my dad's concerts in Logan. I love his concerts.

We drove up not knowing where we were going to camp and had to stop at a few campsites before settling at Red Banks in Logan Canyon. It wasn't that far off the road, but it didn't matter because our campsite was set right next to the Logan River so all we heard was rushing water. It was gorgeous! We drove up to Bear Lake and played in the water for a while. Mesa thought she could attack the waves as they broke, chomping at the white tips. It was funny to watch her.

We also took a day and drove up to Minnetonka Cave in Idaho. I went once for Girl's Camp. Here's the proof:

Now fast-forward 15 years and you have Evan and Mesa in the same spot:

Evan's favorite memory of the weekend was the view in his mirror...the whole trip...
My favorite memory was just being with Evan for 2 days straight, no distractions.

4 comments:

Cathryn said...

Fun pictures from the same spot, 15 years apart. Are you the one with the hat?

Robin said...

No, I'm the one in the white shirt. Hard to believe I'm not the shortest one, huh? :)

Michelle said...

I'm with Cathryn, I thought you were the one in the hat too! That sounds fun.

e. said...

Robin...er, I mean, Sister Montgomery! Of course I remember you and you're more than welcome to read my madness on my blog. You're a glutton for punishment but I'm flattered nonetheless. Just ignore me if you see me hanging around these parts from now on. I'm the CLASSIC blog stalker!