Tuesday, September 8, 2009

It's a little overdue...

but better late than never, right? Here's yet another memory.

When I was growing up it was not uncommon for my dad to do something unusual just because it was convenient, like put root beer on his corn flakes cuz we were out of milk. (I'd apologize to my dad right now for writing something embarrassing about him, but he's never read this blog so it wouldn't matter.) So one night, when I was about 10, my dad picked me up from gymnastics and we made a stop at the grocery store to get some pet food. I suppose it's important here to note that we had a ca
t. So, we're on the pet food isle and he picks up a bag of dog food. I thought he was just grabbing the first bag he saw because it was convenient, so I started insisting that cats do not want to eat dog food, and why wouldn't he get the right bag?? He told me it's all the same, and that the cat would eat anything if it was hungry enough. I kept insisting all the way through the checkout and on the ride home and he kept downplaying the importance...yeah, you're all smarter than me as I'm sure you've picked up on the fact that waiting at home was a brand new puppy! It was a cute little german shepherd that we kept until it discovered every weak spot in our backyard fence. In fact, we had two dogs when I was little, both german shepherds, and both named Ranger. (I know there were more canine additions to the family, but I'm not counting ones that we had before I was born.)

Here's something awesome...I just wrote this while riding the bus to school! I LOVE THE BUS!!! It doesn't take that much longer than driving, I don't have to deal with traffic or finding a parking spot at the U, and I get so much studying done! (Except now, clearly. I passed on studying right now for blogging.) So, that all means I arrive at school relaxed and ready for the day! I love it. If I had the money I'd definitely hire someone to chauffeur me around.

And while we're talking about school, here's my favorite picture of Evan on one of his first days of school...


Our kids are going to be so awesome! Would you just look at those socks? Are they really socks or are they tights? Was he afraid of sunburning his legs? Or maybe he had bad circulation and those are compression hose? Hehe...I love this picture!

So, back to school...get it? Back to school? Anywho, I love it! I am only going to admit this here, protected by the privacy of the world wide web, that I have felt a teensy bit
tender-hearted while sitting in class. I know this will change and I'll soon be crying from sheer misery, but I'm just so excited to be there and I still can't believe it sometimes. They really let me in? What were they thinking?? You'd think the fact that I've recently taken on very substantial loans to pay for said schooling would help me realize that I'm really in pharmacy school. Give it a few more weeks, right? Then I'll be feeling it.


As for my firsts, well, let's see...uh, I just saw my score from my first test...and I clearly need to end this post and get back to studying.

5 comments:

The "Curby Clan" said...

Robin,
thanks for the good laugh. love the picture.

Katie said...

how cool are you? you blog while you ride the bus to school? wowza! And what an awesome picture of Evan. Yeah, I knew there was a reason why he's my favorite. That is the coolest picture ever.
Oh and I'm so happy that you are liking pharmacy school. It's so fun to see someone have a dream and then see what it's like when it comes true. Well, I guess in 4 years - you'll feel more like "it came true". But really you've worked so hard to get there and I'm so happy for you. Sure do love ya!

Unknown said...

When did we ever have a german shepard ( let alone 2 Rangers)? Where was I?!!!

By the way, way to go in school!! You will do great!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

MelanieBrenchley said...

This was a funny one, Robby. I think the bus brings out your best humor.

Freaking awesome pic of Evan.

And then... I do remember Ranger #1, but sadly, not Ranger #2.

Tiffany said...

I love you Robbbbie! Glad to see Evan always had style. I am so glad you found him!! Hope school is going well. Love you!