Thursday, October 22, 2009

Memory Update...

After discovering that there were some who questioned the ability of my little five year old mind to recall something accurately, I called my parents to get some clarification. To set the record straight, the wind did rip the bricks off the side of our house, and we did have to sleep in the family room during a power outage...they happen to have been two separate events, but they BOTH happened! And as for the cooking, I never claimed that my mom used our wood burning stove to make a fancy dinner like Chicken Cordon Bleu, just that she made us a few meals. She said those meals consisted of things like hot cereal, soup, and hot chocolate. There now-that's all cleared up.

I know I've already posted about how much I love riding the bus to school, but I feel like saying it again. Only now I need to add on to that sentence. I love riding the bus to school, just not home from school. Well, I actually can't include my whole trip, just the part on Trax. My commute between Tooele and Salt Lake is on a big, fancy, cushy bus-and it's great every time. However, my morning and afternoon commutes on Trax differ like night and day. (Sometimes literally!) The mornings are all filled with professionals going to work at the hospitals and kids like me on their way to school. The afternoon commute is full of Salt Lake's finest, especially when we hit the free-fare zone. Granted, it's a treasure trove of people watching! I keep wondering how much I'll really love riding the bus in the wintertime. Which side will win? Not having to drive in the snow (YAY!)...or having to stand around waiting for the next train/bus in the snow?? (YUCK!) Nothing's perfect, right?

No comments: